Ergonomics is the science of designing the job, equipment, and workplace to fit the worker. Proper ergonomic design is necessary to prevent repetitive strain injuries, which can develop over time and can lead to long-term disability. read more...
A website dedicated to carpal tunnel symtoms : http://www.carpal-tunnel-symptoms.com/
Repetitive Strain Injury (RSI)
I personally recommend it
Guesture Based : http://www.mgestyk.com/faq.html
- Ergonomic Keyboards, Ergonomic mouse, Split Keyboard, Negative Tilt Ergonomic Keyboard, Cordless Mouse, Mouse, Wrist Support, Arm Support,
- Microsoft Hardware Ergonomics Home
- Natural® Wireless Laser Mouse 6000
for reducing mouse clicks
For Linux ?
opensource alternative but not as good as that : http://www.mousetool.com/ergonomic-software-for-linux.html
- Logitech’s “ergonimic” Comfort Wave Keyboard
The real Keyless Ergonomic Keyboard with an Integrated mouse
This is the first Real Keyless Ergonomic Keyboard, perfect solution for repetitive stress injuries such as carpal tunnel syndrome and other disabilities. arm arthritis fine motor disabilities
- Ergonomic Keyboards By DataHand To Reduce Keying Stress.
DataHand Is The Provider Of The Unique Ergonomic Keyboard And On-board Ergonomic Mouse That Is Different From All Other Ergonomic Keyboards And An Assistive Technology To Reduce The Effects Of Repetitive Stress Injury And Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Keyboard / Mouse
Note : After using ergonomic mouse and keyboard for about a year, i can recommend it to anyone with or without RSI injury. They clearly worth the money.
Mouse and keyboard together (totaly new technology) :http://www.keybowl.com/
keep hand on the same gesture and also massages them : http://dictionary.zdnet.com/definition/ergonomic+glove.html
Several useful devices : Backshop Healthy Computing
Connect your mind directly into your computer
- One of the best alternatives to mouse and keyboard are speech recognition softwares. They have a long way to go yet but according to my personal experience they're very useful and can reduce mouse and keyboard usage to almost half once you get use to them. One of the best softwares avaialbe now days is Nuance - Dragon NaturallySpeaking Speech Recognition Software i tried it myself and i recommend it if you're interested in this solutions
As you may know, staring at any kind of light source directly affects brain time. Since CRT,LCD,OLED technologies illuminate light they all cause sleep issues. But still a better Display matters, the more stable the pictures appears on display the less side effects we experience. DO NOT BUY CHEAP displays if you're using computer more than 4 hours a day.
Currently i could find only one technology which can solve the sleeping issue cause by regular displays. It's called E Ink. The technology itself is a bit complicated to explain here but if want to explain it in few words, the difference is it reflects light instead of producing it. Which means that you can't read the screen when it's dark.
The technology is not new, as a matter of fact it's been used on Digital EBook readers like Kindle for more than a decade. But since its referesh and color depth is still very low it couldn't replace other technology. I stronlgy recommend using E Ink book readers for reading books and newspapers.
- My favorite : HeadLine: In the Office: Vitra.com
- Top 10 computer chairs – best ergonomic modern computer chairs
- Top 7 best computer chairs – for home and office use
What features an ergonomic char should have ?
Voice programming :
- VoiceCode Programming by Voice Toolbox | Get VoiceCode Programming by Voice Toolbox at SourceForge.net
Notice : voicecode.iit.nrc.ca team is rebuilding their website so it's no longer accessible, alternative link is http://web.archive.org/web/20080213071927/voicecode.iit.nrc.ca/VoiceCode...